Labor & Employment
Legal Representation for Employees in Labor and Employment Matters
If you are facing problems at work involving sexual harassment, discrimination, or other employment related matters, it can often be difficult to know where to turn. You need someone who is dedicated to fighting for the rights of people just like you.
About Employment Litigation
The attorneys at Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP handle cases involving employees in workers’ compensation claims and employment-related disputes. The cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Sexual Harassment – Sexual harassment can take many forms. While your boss or coworker may claim that he or she did not know their conduct was wrongful, ignorance is not an excuse for creating a hostile and uncomfortable work environment. If you are a victim of physical, emotional or verbal workplace harassment, we are here to help you stand up for your rights.
- Employment Discrimination – Discrimination in the workplace is prohibited by a host of federal, state and local laws. Adverse employment decisions based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, national origin, religion and disability are all against the law. Our New York discrimination lawyers provide zealous and effective representation in cases involving discrimination in hiring, promotion, compensation and termination.
- Wrongful Termination – In addition to victims of discrimination-based termination, we also serve employees who have been terminated in violation of their employment contracts. While most jobs are “at will” – meaning that the employer can terminate the relationship at any time – if you have a contract, your employer cannot end your employment unless the contract allows it.
- Executive Compensation –If you have an executive compensation agreement, you know that these documents can be complex, complicated, and sometimes subject to competing interpretations. We seek to represent executives who have been denied compensation in violation of their compensation agreements. At Meirowitz & Wasserberg, we can assist you by enforcing your rights to salary, bonuses, equity, options and more.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims – If you have been injured on the job, you may be entitled to worker’s compensation benefits through your employer. We can help you obtain compensation for your workplace injuries. In many cases, a workplace accident may also give rise to a personal injury claim against a third party.
- Whistleblower Retaliation – Finally, in addition to representing employees in qui tam actions, we also represent individuals who are facing retaliation as a result of blowing the whistle on their employer. If you are facing workplace retaliation, your rights are being violated, and you do not have to stand for it.
In order to file certain types of labor and employment claims, employees are required to follow specific procedures and adhere to certain timelines. Our attorneys have been through the process numerous times, and can guide you through the red tape involved in seeking compensation from your employer. We can also advise you of your rights and obligations with respect to maintaining your employment while proceeding with a claim against your employer.
Speak with an Experienced New York Labor and Employment Attorney About Your Case
If you have an employment-related complaint or have been injured in a work-related accident, we can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Call Meirowitz & Wasserberg, LLP now at 1-844-44-MW-LAW (844-446-9529) or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.